Custom Search

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gary Neville eyes injury-free run


While many of his team-mates are away on international duty, Gary Neville has been working hard at Carrington preparing to play his part in a busy month ahead.


The Reds' skipper is now back to full fitness following a frustrating run of injuries over the last two and a half years, and insists he'll do his utmost to stay away from the treatment table for as long as possible.


"The injuries I've had over the last few years have been a concern, but it's something I've had to deal with," he told ManUtd.com. "I hope that I can stay as fit as possible and keep playing games for the club - I'm certainly doing everything I possibly can to do that.


"Injuries are the most frustrating part of being a footballer, but it's not something I think about every day. You just get on with things and do the best you can to stay fit. The club's medical team do the best they can to help me."


Neville and fellow stalwarts Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes may be in the twilight of their careers, but their influence remains as important as ever.


"All the players in the dressing room make a contribution - the manager wouldn't have people here if he didn't think they contributed in some way," explained the 34-year-old. "I can contribute a lot more when I'm fit and, as I said, that's the most important thing, to try and stay fit. I'm doing all I can to make sure that happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment