Custom Search

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Messi: "Fabregas will return to Barca"

Argentine striker Lionel Messi has paid rich tributes to Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas and said he hopes that the Spanish striker and he will be reunited at Nou Camp "at some point".

"Cesc has a place for Arsenal in his heart but he has Barcelona in his blood...There are only a few players in the world who can improve this squad we have but Cesc is one of them," Messi was quoted as saying by the Daily Express.

Despite the fact that Fabregas is under contract to Arsenal until 2014 and has pledged his future to the club on a number of occasions, he has been consistently linked with a return to Barcelona, the club he joined as a 10-year-old in 1997.

Messi said that he understood that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and Fabregas shared a father-son relationship, but Barcelona was like family. "Barcelona is his city and it is the club of him and his family."

Asked if he would play for an English club, 22-year-old Messi said, "I will be here for as long as they want me. I owe Barcelona more than for for giving me a chance - I owe them for changing my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment