Custom Search

Monday, July 27, 2009

Kevin Thomson is back in Rangers squad

Thomson couldn't care less how well he played against FC Nuremberg - he was just thrilled to be back in action again after eight months out.

The midfielder made his comeback from a cruciate knee ligament injury yesterday when he came on in the second half of the 2-0 win at the Frankenstadion.

Thomson completed the final 30 minutes and the sight of him in a Light Blues jersey once more was fantastic for the travelling fans in Germany.

Even though he was quiet when he appeared against the Bundesliga outfit, the 24-year-old was simply happy to be in the thick of it.

Thomson said: "It was good to be back. When the subs were warming up at half-time, the manager told me not to bother and to do it at the start of the second half instead.

"I knew then that I was going to get on but waiting for it lasted for ages - I've never looked at a clock so often in all my life!

"That 15-minute warm-up felt like it lasted about four hours but I finally got the shout from Kenny McDowall with about 56 or 57 minutes gone.

"It was nice to get on for the last half hour and my performance wasn't that great but it was just great to be back out there again.

"I'm a wee bit disappointed I didn't get more involved in the game than I did because I'd have liked to do that.

"I'm the type of player that puts high demands on myself but I know that after being out for almost nine months, I wasn't going to hit the ground running.

"I ran about and managed to get a few touches of the ball - I gave it away a few times too but I'm just absolutely delighted to be playing again.

"Now I've got my first game out of the way and I hope that can be the launchpad for a good pre-season.

"I hope to be involved again when we play SC Wiedenbruck on Tuesday. The trip has been a bit stop-start and my knee has been a wee bit puffy as a result.

"But we'll keep icing my knee up, take every precaution possible and hopefully I'll be able to get some more minutes under my belt."

Source: Rangers Press

No comments:

Post a Comment